In the Beginning:
I heard about p90x from a co-worker so I borrowed her DVD's with the idea to try it out..That was in July 2010...Excited about the prospect, I printed out the FIT test, drove to the gym and took the test.I FAILED THE FIT TEST...
I did not get discouraged. I had already lost 31 lbs on Weight Watchers so I knew I was in the best shape in 4 years (April 2006). The manual said I COULD still do the p90x regime but I would likely hate it because of the difficulty level...So I followed its advice and went out and purchased Power 90 - the predecessor and 'younger brother' of p90x.
I took the p90x box back to my co-worker with a sticky note on it that said..."See you in October 2010". I followed the Power 90 program most days and continued with Weight Watchers on the nutrition front adding some protein shakes, a creatine supplement from GNC and a GNC Men's Formula energy and metabolism vitamin. 90 days later from Power 90 I went from 12 pushups to 45 and my cardio increased dramatically..I also became a much stronger cyclist on the weekends. I lost an additional 13 lbs on Power 90 so I have a total of 46 lbs lost since Feb 2010...This is the best shape I've been in for over six years (4/2004). Now it's time to take it to the next level.
Hello P90X
My co-worker showed up with her p90x box again in October and asked me if I was ready... I borrowed her box again, and bought the p90x chin-up bar and in return - she asked to borrow my Power 90 DVD's so the swap is on.
I'm going to continue with my GNC vitamins until I run out and then order P90x recovery drink and vitamins.
I'm ready to bring it.
No comments:
Post a Comment