Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 1 - 10/24/10 Sun

I'm doing P90x Lean:
Core Synergistics

Holy crap this is hard! I'm glad I did my research. I'm REALLY glad I did Power 90 first, I'm glad I'm doing this with 44.9 lbs of weight loss and only a 27.5% body fat instead of 34% and with a body weight of 219.6 instead of 264.5. I'm particularly grateful for the very handsome fellas that have gone before me and offered various levels of tips and tricks coupled with bad spelling and grammar. They have paved the way and their video blogs illustrating dramatic body change and mental focus are very inspiring. One of the best tips I am taking to heart is to not try to keep up with the reps and stamina of the guys on the video on my first day. Mentally I am just doing my best and forgetting the rest...I know I will get there...Just like I did with Power 90, just like I did with my AIDS ride that first year, and just I am doing with weight watchers. I have to realize that a 1 arm push-up balanced on 1 leg is not going to come easy, and since I have never fought in an army, or scaled a NYC skyline in a red Lycra suit, my body may have to get used to doing a 'spider crawl' like the experts on the DVD.

I must say I do love 'earning' the recovery shake at the end of the workout...yum...

Another tip is to follow the nutrition plan as closely as possible. It's estimated (and I've heard this time and time again) that weight loss / body transformation is 80% nutrition and 20% workout. I'm planning to adopt as much of the nutrition advice as I can as long as it sits within the framework of Weight Watchers...I'm still going to track my points, even if 1/4 of it comes from powdered drinks. I figured if I am going to put my body through the type of 'bring-it' punishment required in this routine, that I'd better fuel properly.

Tomorrow (Monday) Cardio X

No comments:

Post a Comment